Monday, October 22, 2007

Autumn

I love Fall!


I love the crunch of the leaves underfoot, the crispness in the air I breathe, the brilliant colors overhead in contrast to the remaining greens, the clarity of the sky...All of it.

There is a certain feeling in the air - a mood that this season possesses. There seems to be some sort of anticipation that one would expect in the Spring rather than when the earth is getting ready to lie dormant. Maybe it hearkens back to childhood (and even adulthood) days of looking forward to a new school year full of promise. Maybe it's knowing that a dear friend and I share a love of "our season"; and though far apart geographically,
we know how very often we are close in heart and mind as we watch the leaves fall outside our kitchen windows. Maybe it's memories of family times spent playing in the leaves - both as children and with our children. Maybe it's the simplicity that a return to having schedules brings after the more relaxed pace of summer. Maybe it's the knowledge that I am about to be catapulted into the impending whirlwind of holidays. Maybe it's all of the above.
Whatever it is, it is most refreshing.

To step outside, to drink in the air, to gaze at the foliage, to listen as I walk...it all brings such clarity of mind, such peacefulness to my inner being, such certainty that this day is going to be delightful.


Aaahh, Fall! It is my most favorite time of year.

1 Comments:

Blogger John Jr. said...

Nice PICTURES and PROSE!

4:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home